NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY. Minnesota Wild’s “Shaveoff Contest” (the “Contest”) is only open to entrants who, as of the entry date, are permanent legal residents of the States of Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Illinois or Wisconsin who are at least eighteen (18) years old. The Contest is void outside the States of Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Illinois or Wisconsin and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Minnesota Wild Hockey Club, L.P. (“Wild”) its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate families (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, grandparents, and their respective spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of each such employee, officer and director, are not eligible to enter. The Contest, and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto, is intended for viewing only within the eligible Contest territory, and entrants must be present in the eligible Contest territory at the time they enter. THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH TWITTER.
2. TIMING. The Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on Monday, April 14, 2014, and ends at 4:59 p.m. CT on Thursday, April 17, 2014 (“Contest Period”). Entries will be received from 9:00 a.m. CT on Monday, April 14, 2014 until 4:59 p.m. CT on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 (“Entry Period”). Wild’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Contest.
Wild reserves the right to alter, suspend, modify or terminate the Contest at any time and for any reason in its sole discretion without notice.
3. HOW TO ENTER. There is one (1) way to enter the Contest: via www.Twitter.com.
a. TO ENTER VIA Twitter: During the Entry Period, enter by tweeting a photo showing your Wild playoff spirit to @mnwild, using the hashtag #itsplayoffseason. In order for the entry to be valid, entrants must have a valid Twitter account and be following @mnwild.
b. Tweet GUIDELINES: Tweets submitted must be in keeping with Wild’s brand; in the event Wild feels the Tweet is not in keeping with its brand, entrant will be disqualified without notice. Each photo may only be submitted one (1) time during the Entry Period. Duplicate photos will not be eligible to win.
c. FOR ALL ENTRIES: LIMIT: One (1) entry per person, Twitter account or address (physical or email) during the Entry Period. All entries, regardless of method of entry, must be received by Wild during the Entry Period. All entries become the exclusive property of Wild and none will be acknowledged or returned. Failure to submit all required information and submissions in the manner required in these Official Rules may result in disqualification. All entrants and entries subject to verification prior to the awarding of a prize, as are the eligibility, age and other claims of/information provided by a potential prize winner. See Section 12 below ("Data Collection") regarding data collected in connection with an entrant's entry and an entrant's ability to opt-out of /opt-in to receiving marketing and promotional materials.
4. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS. By participating in the Contest, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Wild (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and the winners, and the awarding of prizes), which are final and binding in all respects.
5. SELECTION; ODDS; NOTIFICATION. Approximately on or about 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 15, 2014, Wild will select the most creative Twitter photo submitted by an eligible entrant (in Wild’s sole discretion.) Only one (1) entrant will be selected as a potential winner of the prize (described in Section 6 below) from among all eligible entries.
Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received by Wild in the Contest.
The entrant selected must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner will be notified via Twitter. The potential winner may be required to execute and return to Wild a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and a Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law) (an “Affidavit/Release”) in the form(s) provided by Wild in order to claim his/her prize. The Affidavit/Release must be returned to Wild by the date and/or time indicated within the Affidavit/Release. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within two (2) days of the first attempt to contact him/her, or if the potential winner fails to return the Affidavit/Release within the specified time, or if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if the potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if the potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential winner may be disqualified from receiving the prize and an alternate winner may be selected by Wild in his/her place at random from among all eligible non-winning entries received by Wild for the Contest to win the prize. In such event, an alternate potential prize winner will be notified as described above and will be required to return the required documents to Wild as described above; provided, however, Wild may alter the above timing to meet its Contest schedule.
6. PRIZE. Subject to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, one (1) entrant will be selected to win one (1) autographed Minnesota Wild jersey with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $150.00 and the opportunity for the Winner and one (1) guest of his or her choosing to receive a shave in the Wild Beardathon Shaveoff event (“Event”) on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the Xcel Energy Center.
Winner must be able to attend and participate in the Event to receive the prize. Jersey size, color and style to be determined in Wild’s sole discretion and subject to availability or to change. Any costs not specifically noted above will be the sole responsibility of the prize winner including, but not limited to, transportation to and from the Xcel Energy Center, event parking, food, beverages, tax and gratuities. Winners receiving $600 or more of total prizes during the Contest are required to be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the value of the prizes received. Winner must accept the entire prize package and be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the value of all prizes received. If winner is unwilling or unable to accept the entire prize package, s/he will be disqualified and a new winner will be selected at random from among all remaining eligible entries.
All prizes must be accepted as awarded, and prize is awarded “AS IS” with no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, made by Wild or for which Wild shall be liable, including, without limitation, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. No substitution, assignment, refund or transfer of a prize is permitted, except by Wild, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or a component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of greater or equal value, including cash, if a prize is not available for any reason as determined by Wild in its sole discretion. Winner is solely responsible for any and all costs, fees, taxes and expenses associated with prize award, receipt and use, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes on the prize and any travel costs that may be incurred. Winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the entire prize package.
7. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent to Wild’s (and their respective designees’, successors’ and assigns’) use of entrant’s name, biography, likeness, voice, photographs, video, opinions, statements, hometown, state and country for promotional purposes in any manner or media (including, without limitation, online), worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment, consideration, notice, review or consent. By participating in the Contest, entrant acknowledges and accepts that their name or Twitter account may be displayed on the Minnesota Wild Twitter account in connection with such participation.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Wild reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if, in its opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or failures or any other factor beyond Wild’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. In such event, Wild reserves the right (but does not have the obligation) in its sole discretion to award prizes at random from among eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of suspected impairment. Wild reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Wild reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Wild’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of these Official Rules.
9. RELEASE. By entering, each entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless Wild, its respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and its respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies, Contest partners and prize suppliers, and all of its respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents from and against all claims, damages or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Contest and/or entrant’s award, receipt or use of any prize awarded in the Contest.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Wild is not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete, misdirected or postage due entries or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website or service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest, or from viewing, playing or downloading any material from the Wild’s website(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by the Wild or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to the Wild’s respective websites by a hypertext link.
11. DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in Minneapolis or St. Paul, Minnesota; entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of Minnesota for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of Minnesota, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota.
13. OFFICIAL RULES. These Official Rules are available at http://www.wild.com/shaveoff or by sending a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to “Shaveoff Contest – Rules Request,” Minnesota Wild, 317 Washington Street, St. Paul, Minnesota 55102.
14. WINNERS LIST. A list of the final winner of this Contest will be available after the Contest Period through October 31, 2014 by sending a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to “Shaveoff Contest – Winners List Request,” Minnesota Wild, 317 Washington Street, St. Paul, Minnesota 55102.